1. Brief introduction of the internship
The Embassy of the Republic of Maldives in Tokyo offers internship positions for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in Japanese Universities and Colleges to join our team.
We accept interns throughout the year for the duration of one to three months. The embassy has been offering the internship opportunity for the university students and graduates who are particularly interested in the field of international relations and tourism for more than 7 years. Previously students who have multicultural backgrounds from universities in different regions of Japan had completed their internship at the Embassy.
The tasks we assign to interns depends on their knowledge and skills. General work includes tourism promotion, translation/interpretation, research and preparation of publications and materials for the events.
Interns will work closely with the Embassy staffs including the Ambassador and are fully integrated into the every-day tasks and workings of the Embassy.
Minimum internship tenure is one month. The applicants must attend at least 2 consecutive days of week or 3 days a week. (For example: Mondays and Tuesdays or Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
During Spring and Summer holidays, priority will be given to those who are available to attend 5 days a week.
Working hour is 0900 – 1700hours in the weekdays including one-hour lunch break.
Interns are highly encouraged to participate in the events during the weekends.
Areas of expertise
Internship positions are best suited for the applicants with interest in the following areas:
- International Relations/ Political Science/ History
- Law/ Economics/ Journalism
- Event Management
- Regional Studies (South Asia)
Candidates must be motivated, a self-starter, detail-oriented and be able to multi-task. This will be a great opportunity for university students and graduates seeking experience in International Relations and Tourism Promotion. This internship programme is open to students in any nationalities as long as the language requirements are met.
3. Application requirements
- University students in their 3rd – 4th year or Graduate students
- Be able to attend full two consecutive days or 3 days a week for at least one month
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese. Preferably advanced level (Equivalent or higher than TOEIC 750+ / JLPT 2)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. (Knowledge of Publisher and/or Photoshop would be an asset)
4. Address and Email
Interested candidates should submit their applications by email to tokyo.
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Proof of Language Ability
- Cover letter or Statement of Interest
- Academic records
Please note that only the candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Embassy of the Republic of Maldives in Japan
8F Iikura IT Building, 1-9-10 Azabudai, Minato-ku,
Tokyo, 106-0041, JAPAN