1. Do I need to apply for a visa to visit Maldives on a holiday?
You do not need to apply for a tourist visa. All tourists are issued up to 30-day visa for free at the airport on your arrival in Maldives. You’ll simply need to ensure the following requirements are fulfilled.
1. Your passport should be valid with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) and should have at least 1 month validity on the date of arrival.
2. Have a valid ticket to continue the journey out of Maldives.
3. Have enough funds to cover the expenses for duration of the stay in Maldives. (US$100 + $50 dollars per day) or a confirmation of reservation in a Tourist Resort or a Hotel.
Please refer to ‘Tourist Visa’ of Maldives Immigration website for more details.
If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
2. Can I use a drone to take pictures and videos during my trip to Maldives?
STEP 1 - Approval from the Hotel or Island
Commercial Video / Photography
Approval should be obtained from the National Centre for the Arts prior to the operation. Fill their application form and email
Recreational Video / Photography
Approval should be obtained hotel or the local island council prior to the operation.
STEP 2 - Approval from the Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF)
Obtain approval from the Maldives National Defence Force. Fill in their application form and email it to
STEP 3 - Approval from the CAA
Once approval has been obtained from the hotel/island and MNDF apply to the CAA on our application form and send it to
3. I have traveled to countries with a yellow fever alert. Do I need proof of vaccination for my trip to Maldives?
If you have visited countries with yellow fever alert in the past one month, or if you plan to visit one before you arrive in Maldives, you may be asked to show your vaccination record.
If you have been living in Japan you do not require a vaccine.
4. Will I be restricted from entering Maldives for a holiday if I have a record of past offenses or was rejected visa to another country?
In general, having a record of minor past offenses or being rejected visa to another country does not disallow you from entering Maldives as long as you fulfill the visa requirements (see Question 1).
If you are in doubt about any travel restrictions you may write to Maldives Immigration at